Suggested Aspect Ratio: 4.2
Elfweave is easy to learn, but the difficulty arises from the fact that it is an unstable weave at the beginning. If you pick it up before it is ready, it could become a jumbled mess.
1. Start by making a 2 in 2 set of rings. Lay it out like the image below.
2. Put two rings (red) into two rings each, like the images below.
3. Pass a ring (red) through the two rings (blue) that were added in the previous step.
4. Put another two rings (red) through the ring just added (blue) and the two rings from step 2.
5. Caution. The weave is still unstable. Flip the entire weave over, but be careful not to let it become a jumbled mess.
6. Pass a ring (red) through the two rings (blue) that were added in step 4.
7. Pass two rings (red) through the ring (blue) just added and the two rings from step 4.
8. At this point the weave is stable. Flip the weave over again.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 until you have the length you desire.