Suggested Aspect Ratio: 4.0
European 4 in 1 is one of the easiest types of chainmail weaves and can be used for all kinds of purposes.
1. The first step is to create sets of five rings. You will accomplish this by opening one ring (blue) and putting five closed rings (red) on it, and then closing the open ring. Keep doing this until you have as many sets of five as you want to start weaving.
2. Once you have enough sets of five, lay two of them in front of you. Lay them both flat, with the top two rings on one set laying on top of the bottom two rings of the second set.
3. Open a ring (red) and put it through the eyes formed by the overlapping rings (blue), then close it. Keep doing this, connecting an extra set of five each time, until you have the length that you desire.
This is what a single strand of European 4 in 1 looks like.
If you would like to connect two strands together, here is what you do:
1. First, lay two strands parallel next to each other with rings facing the same way.
2. Next, put a ring (red) through 4 other rings (blue), like so.
3. Then continue putting rings (red) all the way along.