Suggested Aspect Ratio: 4.0 for small rings, 6.0 for large rings
Helm Chain is an easy weave that uses orbital rings as part of its structure. It uses two ring sizes, and it is useful for making bracelets or generic chains.
1. To make this weave, you need two sizes of rings. The smaller ring needs to fit inside the large ring with a reasonable amount of room to spare.
2. Put 4 small rings (blue) onto one large ring (red), and arrange them as shown.
3. Put a closed large ring (red) around one set of two small rings. Don't attach the large ring to anything. This is the "orbital" part of the weave.
4. Connect a large ring (red) to the 4 small rings (blue). This will partially trap the orbital large ring in place.
5. Connect a large ring to 2 small rings (red). Then connect the large ring to the rightmost two small rings (blue). The large ring should go under the orbital ring.
6. Put a large orbital ring (red) around the rightmost 2 small rings.
7. Connect a large ring (red) to the 4 small rings (blue), trapping the two orbital rings in place.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until you get the length you want. To make both ends identical, don't put an orbital ring over the last set of small rings.