Suggested Aspect Ratio: Anything greater than 2
Japanese 4 in 1 is a loose sheet weave that is incredibly simple to learn. In this example I am using two ring sizes, but only one is necessary.
1. It's not necessary to have two different rings for this weave, but I think it looks better that way.
2. Make a chain of large rings (gold) and small rings (red), with each pair of large rings connected with a small ring. You can make this as long as you want.
3. Make some more of these chains until you have as many as you think you need.
4. Connect the two large rings (blue) on the ends of two different chains together with a small ring (red).
5. Continue doing this for all the large rings along the two chains.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 until you have the width you want. The result should look something like this.