Suggested Aspect Ratio: 5.0
Windmill is a simple weave, but it can be tricky to figure out certain ring placements. It is also a good chain weave that can be used as a bracelet.
1. Begin by making sets of 5 rings, just like you would in European 4 in 1. Open a ring (red) and put 4 rings on it (blue). Then close the ring. Make as many as you think you will need.
2. Connect the sets of 5 together by connecting a ring (red) to two rings from one set of 5, and two rings from another (blue). Do this until all the sets of 5 are connected together.
3. This is the tricky part. Your goal is to put a ring (red) through the 4 originally closed rings of the first set of 5 (blue). When doing this, do NOT put the ring through the middle ring. The ring should instead go "above" both pairs of two rings. If done correctly, it will look like the picture below and it should hold its shape pretty well.
4. Continue doing this along the length of the chain.
5. When you are finished, the final product will look something like this.